Thursday, November 22, 2007

England will be missed.. [:(]







I just cant imagine the EURO tournament being played and England not being a part of it.I stayed awake till 1.30am just to watch the do or die match for England against Croatia and which i thought England would win comfortably .I was getting very sleepy as Andy Panders the host for the Star Sports Channel was giving his brainy tips for England in front of Paul Masselfield and Jamie Reeves .The game preview show was 30 min and i could have easily dozed of thanks to my mom who was making me awake everytime i slept.I came out of my sleep completely when i saw a horror from Scott Carson who could have easily stopped that ball from reaching the nets,even my class reserve goalkeeper Sameer Parmar[:)] could have stopped it.I simply could not understand the reason for keeping Paul Robinson out from the team and putting David Beckham and David James in the substitute bench.After being 1-0 down in 8 min i thought England would come back hard easily , as England was getting in their goal scoring mood as i could see great runs from ShawnWrightPhillips ,tackles from the captain StevieG ,headers from Crocuhie but none upto the mark ,Meanwhile England defence made another horror by conceidng one more goal and they went down 2-0 in just 14 minutes.I was simply shocked at that moment.As soon as goals were being scored i was getting missed calls and messages from my friends who were to watching,noone was going to spare Mclaren .The first half scoreline remained 2-0 as England could not break Croatian defences.The only intelligent thing Mclaren did was to bring David Beckham in the team as a substitute in the second half and then suddenly i could see an urgency among England players for scoring goals and they got it as Defoe was brought down in the penalty box and Frank Lampard converted the penalty easily. The second goal came from a brilliant pass from Beckham and Crouch controlled it nicely on his chest brought it down and scored.It became 2-2 and i was quite happy as England was back in the game and a draw was enough for them to qualify.But my hapiness dint last long as Croatian substitute Petric scored a fantastic goal as Scott Carson had even failed to touch the ball.It was full time as England's efforts were not enought to get them berth in Euro 2008 knock out stages .I was very disappointed so as many England fan would have been ,i could see crying faces in the stands too.I went to sleep by 3.30 hoping that the next day Mclaren would be sacked and next day afternoon FA had sacked him and we have some great managers as his successor.



I couldnt simply blame Carson for the Euro loss but it was all managers wrong defensive strategies which made England loose.Yes indeed England will be missed and i am supporting Spain now as just someone has rightly said The Life should go on...

No comments: